Central City's Social Media Comment Policy
A comment posted by a member of the public on any City of Central City social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, Central City, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Central City.
Comments containing any of the following inappropriate forms of content shall not be permitted on Central City social media sites and are subject to removal and/or restriction by the City Administrator or his/her designees:
- Comments not related to the original topic;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or mental or physical disability;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Disclosure of confidential, sensitive or proprietary information; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party.
Central City reserves the right to deny access to Central City social media sites for any individual who violates this Central City Social Media Policy, at any time and without prior notice. The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of the Central City Social Media Policy or any applicable law.
The following verbiage may be used to warn individuals about their content:
“Your recent post is in violation of the Central City Social Media Policy. Please refrain from posting inappropriate content in the future. If you do not refrain from posting such content, we will block you from this forum. Thank you for understanding.”
The City Administrator or his/her designees will monitor Central City social media sites for comments requesting responses from the City and for usage in violation of this policy.
These guidelines will be displayed to users or made available by hyperlink on any Central City social media site.