City Clerk and Treasurer
Linda Jensen has been employed with the City of Central City since December 1982. She was the Deputy Clerk/Treasurer until June 2009 at which time she became the City Clerk Treasurer.
Linda received her Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) distinction in June 1995 and her Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) designation in December 2002.
She is an active member of the International Institue of Municipal Clerks (IIMC), Nebraska Clerk's Association, and the Heartland Clerk's Accociation.
Linda was awarded the Outstanding Clerk of the Year honor in 2018 from the Nebraska Clerk's Association. She also serves as 1st Vice President of the Nebraska Clerks Association and will become President in the next year.
Linda is currently the Chair person for the Clerk's Catalogue for the Nebraska Clerk's Association. Linda has served as Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President, and President of the Heartland Area Clerk's Association.
Linda and her husband Les have 2 children and 1 grand child. They have enjoyed living in Central City since 1979.
The duties of the Clerk/Treasurer include:
- Custody of all laws and ordinances.
- Keep a current journal of the proceedings of the City Council.
- Maintain a complete record of all outstanding bonds against the City.
- Take possession of all books, papers and all other official records of the City and maintain those records in a safe place for the City.
- Have custody of the seal of the City.
- Attend the meetings of the City Council and keep a minute record of the proceedings thereof.
- Maintain an account of all the appropriations of the funds of the City.
- Draw, sign and attest all warrants ordered for the payment of money.
- Attest to the Mayor's signatures and attach the City Seal to all official documents.
- Notify claimants of disallowed claims.
- Account for all money received by him/her and keep proper records of all monies.
- Publish all notices and keep records of those notices, including publisher's affidavits.
- Maintain all books and public records for the City for public inspection.
- Charge fees as set by the City Council.
- Custodian of all monies of the City.
- Deposit and manage all funds of the City.
- Collect all special taxes and assessments payable to City Hall.
- Have prepared monthly treasurer's reports.
- Have prepared an annual treasurer's report.